TUESDAY - SATURDAY 9 AM to 3 PM +1.303-364-4176
Please note: the following is provided for informational purposes only. Skin by A2 MedSpa believes that our clients should be well informed prior to undergoing any treatment. Plan to discuss treatment options with your provider, understanding that their recommendations are based on skin type, your expected treatment outcome, and the overall health of your skin prior to treatment.
After IPL or Laser treatments, it is important to avoid exposure to sunlight for several hours. If this is not possible, use at least 20 SPF sun block on your skin. After your treatment, your provider will apply sun block to your treament area.
Skin Treatment Questions
What is it?
A combination of radio frequency with pulsed light or laser. The combination of the tw is called "elos" (electrical and optical synergy). Synergy is a combination of two methods to produce an optimum effect.
1. Much less laser time is used, so there are fewer potential side effects. Practitioners are able to use more treatments and less energy per treatment to minimize side effects.
2. Hair removal does not depend on the color of hair. It will remove light and dark hair.
3. Treatment goes deep below the superficial skin and results in less redness on the face after treatment.
4. The skin treatment package includes a personalized skin regimen for home use. This helps optimize the results of treatments.
What is it good for?
1. Hair removal.
2. Skin rejuvenation, to reduce pore size, lighten age spots, lighten brown spots (from sun damage or those caused by use of certain prescription medications), to reduce redness in the face (rosacea, spider veins), to reduce the effects of acne, to treat superficial wrinkles and help lessen the appearance of deeper wrinkles.
3. Scar appearance in certain cases may be reduced. Please consult with your provider regarding the likelihood of successful scar treatment.
What are the side effects?
There is no cutting or bruising involved with these treatments, unlike more invasive treatments available through cosmetic surgery. There may be localized redness and/or slight swelling. Clients are typically able to apply makeup and go on with their days.
Is this treatment painful?
This procedure is generally painless. A local (topical) anesthetic gel is applied to the treatment area at least 15 minutes prior to the procedure. During the treatment, a cooling machine is also used to reduce any reddening of the area being treated.
How soon will I see results?
There is no clear answer to this question. Sometimes it depends on the area being treated. Since each person responds individually to treatment, results may be more dramatic earlier for some, later for others. Any concerns regarding the number of treatments you will require should be discussed with your provider prior to beginning a series of treatments. You should also be aware that certain areas, such as darkness under eyes and acne, may actually appear darker before it begins to lighten. This is anticipated and temporary, and does not mean that the treatments are ineffective.