TUESDAY - SATURDAY 9 AM to 3 PM +1.303-364-4176
Please note: the following is provided for informational purposes only. Skin by A2 MedSpa believes that our clients should be well informed prior to undergoing any treatment. Plan to discuss treatment options with your provider, understanding that their recommendations are based on skin type, your expected treatment outcome, and the overall health of your skin prior to treatment.
1. SPF: It is recommended that every person wears an SPF on a daily basis to protect from the aging and damaging rays of the sun. Nonetheless, after you have undergone a microdermabrasion, this is even more important since your skin is vulnerable and new. You must wear an SPF that blocks from the UVA and UVB rays of the sun on a daily basis to prevent damage underneath the surface of the skin that has been treated.
2. Avoid Extreme Heat: For 24 hours after the microdermabrasion, it is important for you to avoid extreme heat, which could irritate and inflame the skin. This includes sweating, exercise, a hot tub, a sauna, or even a very hot shower. You should shower and cleanse their skin in lukewarm temperatures.
3. Avoid Waxing: This should go without saying, but you should never wax where you have been treated directly after a microdermabrasion since your skin is vulnerable and delicate.
4. Avoid Tanning: Again, we recommend that you avoid tanning since it can damage your skin, but at least make sure that you do not go directly to a tanning bed after a microdermabrasion treatment. You should wait a minimum of 24 hours before tanning or any type of sun exposure.
5. Moisturize Well! It is important to know that you may experience peeling and flaking as dead layers of skin are being shed after the treatment. It is best for you to use a moisturizer appropriate to your skin type as often as is needed to hydrate and restore the skin to balance.
6. Avoid Harsh Products: If you are using harsh skin care products to remove wrinkles or treat acne, including those that contain benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, or glycolic acid, please do not use these aggressive skin care products for up to 24 hours after treatment.